Quero Launcher is a command-line utility and allows you to start IE and your favorite programs at a fixed position on your desktop resulting in a more organized and less cluttered desktop.
Change the position, size and style of IE and other applications you frequently use to your preferences.
Open two or more Web sites / applications with a single shortcut on your desktop.
Test your Web site in multiple browsers in different window sizes with only one click.
Change the user agent string of IE to simulate another browser.
Automatically delete the browser's cache and other personal data with Quero Launcher.
How To Create Shortcuts
To use Quero Launcher you have to create a shortcut on your desktop.
- Right-click on a free area on your desktop
- Select New > Shortcut
- Browse to the location where you have extracted Quero Launcher
- Select QLaunch.exe and press OK
- Append the desired options as outlined below to "QLaunch.exe"
- Click on Next and give the new shortcut a name
Note: Command line options have to be specified outside of the quotation marks of the file name.
Example: "C:\Quero Launcher\QLaunch.exe" open="http://www.quero.at/"
Tip: To change the options or the icon of the shortcut later on right-click on the shortcut and go to Properties.
Tip: You can also add your Quero Launcher shortcuts to your Send To or Startup folder.
QLaunch [General_Options] [Options_Window1] [Options_Window2] ...
[property=value | property],...
comma-separated list of properties
deletehistory | deletecache | deletecookies | deletepasswords | deletefavorites | deleteall |
ua-prefix=string | ua-compatible=string | ua-version=string | ua-platform=string | ua-reset
open[=URL] | start=command_line_with_fully_qualified_path |
left=value | top=value | width=value | height=value |
focus | maximized | minimized | alwaysontop | notitlebar | resizeable=yes/no
IE-specific Window Properties
location=yes/no | menubar=yes/no | silent=yes/no | status=yes/no | toolbar=yes/no |
qtoolbar=yes/no | explorerbar=Search/Favorites/History/Channels/Folders/none | kiosk | theater
tabbedbrowsing=yes/no | searchbox=yes/no | commandbar=yes/no |
itbar7position=value (0 default, 1 place toolbars above the navigation bar in IE7)
Launch IE maximized
Launch two IE windows side by side
QLaunch left=0,top=0,width=50%,height=100% left=50%,top=0,width=50%,height=100%
Open three tabs in IE7
Cross-browser testing (drag & drop your html file on the shortcut)
QLaunch left=0,top=0 start="C:\Program Files\Mozilla\firefox.exe",left=10%,top=10% start="C:\Program Files\Opera\Opera.exe",top=20%,left=20%
Simulate "IE 7 Beta on Windows Vista"
QLaunch ua-version="MSIE 7.0b",ua-platform="Windows NT 6.0" open
Clear your tracks and launch IE
QLaunch deletehistory,deletecache,deletecookies open
- Version 1.0.5
- Open multiple tabs in IE7
- New options to tweak the user interface of IE7 (tabbedbrowsing, searchbox, commandbar)
- Version 1.0.4
- Version 1.0.3
- Version 1.0.2
- Compatible with IE7 Beta 2 Preview
- deleteforms global option added (deletes the auto-complete data on Web forms)
- Unofficial option itbar7position to place the menu/toolbars above the navigation bar in IE7 added (thanks to the IE team member Tony Schreiner for revealing this hidden option)
- Version 1.0.0