Quero Toolbar 6 – A more beautiful IE9 Toolbar

General discussion about Quero, Internet Explorer and the Web. Post bug reports, feature requests, questions and feedback here.

Moderator: Viktor Krammer

Quero Toolbar 6 – A more beautiful IE9 Toolbar

Postby Viktor Krammer » Fri Feb 18, 2011 8:12 pm

Executive Summary: full IE9 support added, improved "Hide Flash ads", new TPL-based ad blocker released, to replace the address bar with Quero, click on Quero > Options > Appearance, enable "IE navigation bar", disable "IE9 address box".

Download Quero Toolbar 6
http://www.quero.at/

This toolbar update is a major milestone in the development of Quero, it brings now full support for Internet Explorer 9, includes a new elegant way to block annoying ads in IE9, got a fresh new toolbar design, and integrates even more time savers.

This is a twin release together with Quero AdBlock IE TPL. Read on the blog entry below more about the new Quero ad blocker.

Here is the complete feature list of the Quero Toolbar 6:

Full IE9 support added (now also supports dragging tabs to another window)
Fresh new toolbar design (new button design and search engine drop-down list updated)
IE9: Tabs on top on a separate line
IE9: Display the page title in IE9's title bar option added
IE9: Every pixel counts! the new Aero based layout reduces the height of the overall toolbar area by 5 pixels compared to IE9 Beta and Quero Toolbar 5.1
IE9 Flash Hider (selectively hides Flash ads, allowing embedded video players from YouTube and Vimeo)
Up one level: quickly navigate one level up by right-clicking on the Quero box (Ctrl+Backspace)
New text highlighting option: use different colors
New Keyboard shortcuts: F4 and Ctrl+L to focus the Quero box (in addition to Ctrl+Q), note: Ctrl+L toggles between search and navigation mode, Ctrl+Backspace to go one level up
Search profiles cleaned up, added profile for China

Thank you for all the feedback encouraging me to continue the project, and I am very glad that I finally found a way to make Quero compatible with IE9 :)
Viktor Krammer
Site Admin

Re: Quero Toolbar 6 – A more beautiful IE9 Toolbar

Postby greenhatch » Sat Feb 19, 2011 7:47 am

An excellent update, well done. I just wish you'd develop a flash block on/off option that shows up in a web page that the user can click on to play or ignore (like IE7pro which unfortunately that developer has abandoned).
greenhatch

Postby Viktor Krammer » Mon Feb 21, 2011 12:07 pm

@greenhatch: Thanks for the feedback and suggestion:)

Tip: You can temporarliy unblock Flash by clicking on the recycle bin icon in the Quero box or by the keyboard shortcut Ctrl+Ins.
Viktor Krammer
Site Admin

Postby medeni73 » Tue Mar 15, 2011 9:29 pm

So far I have not managed to activate Tabbed-Browsing, I have to activate "IE navigation bar" in Quero Options right? Then I do have Tabs BUT is it possible to get Tabs UNDER Quero Toolbar and not OVER it?

Thanx in advance for any advice...
medeni73

Postby medeni73 » Sat Mar 19, 2011 6:53 am

Is there a way to put Tabs under AddressBar like in earlier versions of IE? Is it possible to do it with Quero perhaps?
medeni73

Postby Viktor Krammer » Mon Apr 04, 2011 3:55 pm

@medeni73: In IE9 with Quero Tabs are now on top (like in all the other major browsers)

The Quero option "IE Navigation bar" now controls the IE9 address and tab toolbar. It has to be turned on, if you want to see the tab bar.

IE9 rtm has also an option to display the tabs on a separate row (Right-click in the IE9 toolbar area), which are then BELOW the IE 9 address bar.
Viktor Krammer
Site Admin

Postby trungpt » Tue Apr 19, 2011 2:55 am

Thank you very much for the toolbar. It's an excellent toolbar, after serveral days of using it, I'm really in love with IE9 plus Quero Toolbar.

Could we have several menus for Quero such as disable Scripts, disable ActiveX, disable Java Applets, maybe in the next releases?

Also, I see that from some download sites such as Cnet download, Softpedia, Snapfiles, they keep only Quero toolbar for either windows 2003XP2000 or 7Vista. Is this possible to merge to all-in-one installation that users can easily download and install? and add a help file for Quero toolbar so users can easily take a look at the features, keyboard shortcuts, mouse shortcuts,...?
trungpt

Postby Viktor Krammer » Wed Apr 27, 2011 8:51 am

@trungpt:

Thanks for all the useful feedback. There are a lot of hidden time savers implemented in Quero such as support for mulit-parameter searches and lots of additional keyboard and mouse modifier keys such as holding Shift or Ctrl while clicking on a Quero menu item.

Adding search providers to Quero (supports OpenSearch)
http://www.quero.at/news.php?id=47

Keyboard/Mouse shortcuts
http://www.quero.at/features.php#shortcuts

Do more with Ctrl+Enter
http://www.quero.at/news.php?id=48
Viktor Krammer
Site Admin

Postby trungpt » Fri Apr 29, 2011 3:48 am

Also, could you make Quero toolbar available at Internet Explorer Gallery Add-ons (http://ieaddons.com/us/addons/default.aspx)? So many users can find it easily. I was very happy when I found Quero.

Unfortunately, the Quero add-on was deleted from the gallery some years ago. I have resubmitted it several times, but it was never accepted by Microsoft again, without giving me any notice or reason whatsoever. Quite frustrating, so I am NOT going to submit it again.

Also doubt that Microsoft will ever include the Quero AdBlock IE Tracking Protection List to their list. I think Firefox and Google Chrome have a more user friendly approach in this regard.
trungpt

Postby trungpt » Tue May 03, 2011 12:21 pm

Quero toolbar and Quero TPL are great but in the past, I found them by searching for ads-blocking-TPL. I don't think normal uses can found them. As I said before, Quero toolbar at Softpedia is the Quero toolbar v4.5, Quero toolbar at Cnet download is the Quero toolbar v6.0 for Windows XP, 2003, Quero toolbar at Snapfiles is the Quero toolbar v6.0 for Vista/7 x86 only, so normal users will not see that Quero toolbar can meet their needs.
trungpt

Next

Return to General